Railways

Railways reduces youth quota in trains

ALLAHABAD
Following less occupancy in the Yuva trains, the railway administration has decided to reduce the quota of youth to about 10% of the total accommodation. This decision was taken after the quota seats failed to get occupancy. The Railways had earlier reduced the quota from 60% to 20% and now it has been further reduced to 10%.

Deputy director, traffic commercial, railway board Sanjay Manocha has written letter to all the chief commercial managers of Indian Railways including North Central Railway to take steps in this direction. The number of the letter is 2010/TsG-1/20/P.

The letter states that matter has been reviewed keeping in view the utilization pattern of the Yuva trains, it has been decided that the quota distribution between Yuva & general quota category inYuva trains should be revised to 10% of the total accommodation for Yuva and remaining approximately 90%  for the general category.

Read the full report here, Times of India

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here