Inadequate public transport causes congestion in Hyderabad


HYDERABAD
Quite often when the issue of traffic congestion is raised, fingers point towards inefficiency of government in planning road system and other responsibilities. While bad road conditions is one of the reasons for the problem, a look at statistics reveals other factors which are contributing to vehicle congestion on roads.

Statistics of transport department reveal that two-wheelers constitute a whopping 68.3 per cent of total vehicle strength in Hyderabad and Rangareddy districts and motor cars 17.7 per cent, which means together they constitute 86 per cent of total vehicle strength in the districts.

Full report here New Indian Express

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here