People Movement

Bhaskar Bhat appointed Vistara chairman


Titan Company managing director Bhaskar Bhat has taken over as chairman of Tata SIA Airlines. He replaces Prasad Menon who retired from the airline on January 13, 2016. Bhat had earlier joined the Board of the company with effect from January 14, 2016.

bhaskar baht tata sia
Tata SIA’s newly appointed chairman, Bhaskar Bhat

As Titan MD since 2002 and founding member of Titan Industries, Bhat led it to become the largest watch manufacturer in India and the fifth largest in the world.

On assuming the role of the airlines’ chairman, he said, “I am honoured to succeed Prasad Menon, and deeply appreciate how Vistara has established its firm presence in India. My focus will be on ensuring that Vistara continues to deliver the legendary service excellence and hospitality that the Tata group and Singapore International Airline (SIA) are known for.”

TATA SIA Airlines Limited, known by the brand name Vistara, is a joint venture between Tata Sons Limited and Singapore Airlines Limited (SIA) with Tata Sons holding the majority stake of 51% in the company and SIA holding the remaining 49%. The airline started its commercial operations in India on January 9, 2015.

Musafir Namah Bureau


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here