Goa has sought Rs.400 crore from the central govenment, especially for creating tourism avenues in the hinterland, where a mining ban as left several thousand people unemployed.
Speaking to reporters at the state Secretariat Friday, Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar said that he had already spoken to union Tourism Minister Chiranjeevi about the allocation.
“Our decision to seek Rs.400 crore happened after a meeting with Chiranjeevi recently in London. With mining banned, we are trying to create new tourism and employment opportunities in the hinterland, where there was only mining once,” Parulekar said.
Full report here Business Standard